Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

MUSIC: Artist Of The Day




                                                                                
Ricky Fante' is a Soul singer that hails from Washington, DC. Fanté’s vocal sound has been compared to Wilson Pickett, Sam Cooke, Al Green and Otis Redding. I don't have too much info on him because there's not a lot available online. I first discovered him while I was watching Oprah's movie 'Their Eyes Were Watching God' singing in the scene below.




GREAT voice!, right? I tried to look for his rendition of Al Green's 'Simply Beautiful' -nowhere to be found.
I recently found this video(below). Not sure where it's from, but it's interesting! He's playing Marvin Gaye, looks like a biopic.





I could see him playing Marvin Gaye.

Here's his myspace(hasn't been updated in awhile):
http://www.myspace.com/rickfante

His official website:
http://www.rickyfante.net/home.html


Where Are You Ricky Fante'?
Come back with some new music!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post? Share!